Apple’s suppliers: iPhone 5 release date in September

Posted on Jul 2 2011 - 4:29pm by Julius

The initial phases of production for the iPhone 5, and the iPad 3, are already underway, according to some industry sources. Reports suggest that Taiwan-based companies have already begun preparing materials for the production of the two said devices, which are likely to be unveiled in September and released in October.

According to a Digitimes report, “Upstream component makers including Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry), which is in charge of assembling the devices; Simplo Technologies and Dynapack International Technology, in charge of manufacturing batteries; TPK Holding and Wintek, in charge of touch panel modules; Catcher, in charge of chassis; and Largan Precision, in charge of webcams, are all expected to benefit from the orders.”

Currently, 65 percent of the total battery demand from Apple is supplied by Simplo Technologies, while the remaining 35 percent is supplied by Dynapack International Technology.

An iPad 3 and iPhone 5 release date sometime in October is more likely to happen if these rumors are true. Although people are expecting for an iPhone 5 release date in September or October, and an iPad release seems unlikely as the iPad 2 has only been sold for a few months, but we’ll never know what Apple is thinking – their ability to get people talking without actually saying a word is amazing.

The iPhone 5 was reportedly put through final testing in mid-June and the iPad 3 is reported to have a 2048×1536 Retina display and has been expected to be released sometime in 2012.

About the Author

Leave A Response