The CES 2011 has seen a lot of top products on show and now we are starting to get the results of which ideas and designs have been most widely accepted and recognized as winners.
One of the show’s sponsors, LAPTOP Magazine, has produced this list of the best products from 11 different categories in its traditional Best of CES Awards for the 2011 show.
The awards show us that mobile and wireless technology is the big winner this year and here are the full details of the awards.
- Best Notebook. The Alienware 17x.
- Best Tablet. The Motorola Xoom. See our earlier story on this ground breaking tablet which uses the very latest of the Android Honeycomb operating system.
- Best Ultraportable. The Samsung 9 Series.
- Best Smartphone. The Motorola Atrix 4G.
- Best App or Software. The Splashtop remote for Android.
- Best Storage. Seagate The Tiniest Goflex USB 3.0 Hard Drive.
- Best Camera or Camcorder. The Sony HDR-TD10.
- Best Wireless Networking or Home Entertainment. The Monsoon Vulkano Flow.
- Best Accessory. The Plantronics Voyager PRO UC Version 2.
- Best Car Tech. The Parrot Asteroid Card Receiver. See our story from the other day about Parrot’s innovations at the CES 2011.
- Best Enabling Technology. The Nvidia Tegra 2.
It is clear not just from the list but from the general opinion at the show that the connected car and mobile and wireless technology have been the big winners this year, and given the amount of products on show in these fields that was to be expected.
The question is whether the people agree with what the journalists think, and for this we will need to wait until tomorrow as the reader’s choice awards will be announced on Monday. Which ones of the above awards do you agree with and which would you choose to leave out?